CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Lisa's Pizza Crust

A few months ago I asked Lisa if she could "show" me how to make her cinnamon rolls. I can't seem to make cinnamon rolls very well. Well.... she did, and I learned. Forward the time to a few months later, and a Girls Night Out was hosted at her house, and she made homemade pizza! It was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I called her this morning for the recipe, and she said it was the exact same one she used for the cinnamon rolls, so here it is!

Ingredients

melt 2 c milk + 1 stick butter in the microwave
let cool a bit
Mix:
2 pkg yeast (that's under 1 tbsp x 2, so under 2 tbsp)
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
salt (1/2 tsp - 2 tsp)...
says recipe calls for 2 tsp but she likes sweeter rolls, so she uses about 1/2 tsp,
but for pizza, use a little more salt
Mix milk & flour stuff
Add 1 egg & beat (pour into mixture)
Add about 3 cups more flour

Knead for 10 minutes & rise for 1 hour or double in size (punch)

Roll out into rectangle (or circle)

Now, we did not use a mixer, we used our HANDS (and a whisk & wooden spoon)! Let me tell you, I am very grateful for my Kitchenaid mixer.... but I did learn that we can use our own hands for this, and it turns out just fine! I did also learn that when we roll it out, it should NOT stick to our rolling pin!
If you are using a cookie sheet, then sprinkle some cornmeal on the bottom of the pan. When you lay your pizza crust in there, and after you spread your pizza sauce, cheese, etc on it, then spread some olive oil on the sides of the pizza that is exposed (not covered w/ any of the cheese, sauce, etc).
ONE NOTE:
this makes a HUGE batch! I'm sure you can half the recipe if you don't want to make 5-6 pizza's. :) (or cinnamon rolls)
UPDATE: I made this last night for the family using half the recipe (still using a whole egg). This made a large cookie sheet size of pizza. It was also a very thick crust too, but it was so delicious!!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Love the new blog! Are you kidding?!? I now have access to Lisa Paul's famous recipes? Yeeha!

Amy said...

Thanks Mandi! :)

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

I'm excited to try this! when is my pound of SAF going to get here? :D