CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Zucchini Chip Bread

So I've made this recipe for a few activities, and I thought I might as well post it so others can enjoy it, too!


Zucchini Chip Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs, applesauce, oil, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.

Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for another 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.


*I usually leave out the orange peel when I bake this bread. I don't like the flavor it adds--reminds me too much of a fruitcake cookie I never liked. And I usually bake mini-loaves of zucchini bread. The oven temperature is still the same, but the cook time is 40-45 minutes long.

Enjoy!

No comments: